It is normal to lose between 50 and 100 hairs a day as our bodies continue to grow new hair and shed old hair. This shedding is commonly mistaken as a sign of hair loss. The real sign of hair loss is when there is a receding hairline, bald spot, or overall thinning of hair. Self-care plays an essential role in preventing and treating hair loss, let’s look into the experts recommendation.
Maintain a Healthy Hair Care Routine
- Use a mild shampoo to avoid stripping moisture from your hair.
- Apply a moisturizing conditioner after every shampoo to reduce breakage and split ends.
- Use a leave-in conditioner into your hair care routine to minimize breakage, frizz, and split ends.
- Wrap your hair in a microfiber towel for quicker drying time.
Avoid damaging hair habits
- Gently brushing or combing your hair: Avoid tugging or pulling on your hair while brushing or combing, as this can contribute to hair loss.
- Avoid tight hairstyles that pull on the hair, such as buns, ponytails, and braids. Refrain from twisting or pulling on your hair, as it can weaken the strands and lead to hair loss. Seek alternative hairstyles that do not strain or pull on your hair to prevent long-term hair loss.
- Quit smoking: Smoking triggers inflammation throughout the body, which can exacerbate hair loss.
Protect your hair
- Limit the use of heat styling tools : Minimizing the use of curling irons, flat irons, and hot combs as they can further damage fragile hair by heating it up. Opt for air drying whenever possible.
- Minimize the use of chemical treatments: Avoid coloring, perming, chemical straightening, or relaxing your hair at home. If using these treatments, consult a professional and ensure they use a moisturizing conditioner afterward.
Eat a Balanced Diet
- Maintain a nutritious diet : Inadequate intake of essential nutrients like iron or protein can contribute to hair loss. Consume a diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and proteins to promote healthy hair growth.
- Sufficient daily calories intake: Severe calorie restriction can lead to significant hair loss. Follow a healthy eating plan to promote overall well-being and support hair health.
Hair Loss – Treatment Options for Men and Women
With an accurate diagnosis, many people who have hair loss can see hair regrowth. If you need treatment for regrowth, the earlier you start, the more likely you are to see regrowth.
- Scalp Application: Topical hairspray is a safe and popular choice to combat hair loss.Minoxidil 2-10% is commonly prescribed and it tends to be more effective when used in combination with other ingredient such as biotin or vitamin B6. The formulation is not only less-irritating, it dries quickly and also easy-to-use once a day application directly to the scalp. Many people see some regrowth, although it takes time to see the results, usually after 3-6 months use.
- Oral Medication: Minoxidil can also be taken orally, at the dosage between 1-5mg daily. Combination of Minoxidil/Spironolactone further reduce hair loss and promote new follicular growth. Finasteride is also commonly prescribed for male pattern hair loss.
- Oral Supplement: Saw Palmetto is a natural supplement that helps block the production of DHT, a hormone associated with hair loss. Biotin helps in keratin production whereas Zinc keeps the oil glands surrounding follicles working well.
Procedures such as microneedling, laser therapy and hair transplant.
- Seek Professional Advice: Consult with a healthcare professional to determine the most suitable treatment option for your specific hair loss condition.
Twenty Script Compounding Pharmacy – Personalized Hair Loss Treatment For You
In the pursuit of luscious locks, let Twenty Script Compounding Pharmacy be your trusted companion.
Our comprehensive range of compounds and customized formulation options consider your individual health needs and objectives when designing the most suitable solution. Don’t hesitate – let us assist in finding an effective way to restore your natural beauty!
Here’s to a head-turning, breathtaking you!
34-01, Jalan 2/109E, Desa Business Park, Taman Bukit Desa, Off Old Klang Road, 58100 Kuala Lumpur.